Chapter 1 – Preparing for a Leadership Career
1. List the advantages and disadvantages of a career in hospitality and tourism, and list the benefits of choosing a career in this industry.
2. Describe segments of the hospitality and tourism industry, and explain the process for selecting an industry segment in which to work.
3. Identify the types of leadership positions available in the hospitality and tourism industry.
4. Identify traits of effective leaders.
5. Define traditional management styles.
6. Explain the importance of varying your leadership style in response to organizational needs.